Tuesday, July 2, 2013

IT’S MY PERROGATIVE!! SURRENDERING TO RESISTANCE



Welcome all to my 1st Monthly Blog - Yea!!! F-i-n-a-l-l-y!!! 

Who am I? I am a Child of Source who is in a love affair with the UnKnowN. 

Don’t be alarmed, I sometime speak in Urbanesk

Urbanesk = Real Talk in Urbania/Ebonica filled w/Love, Substance, Insight.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IT’S MY PERROGATIVE!! SURRENDERING TO RESISTANCE

ONE’S RESISTANCE HAS A CORE, A ROOT, A FOUNDATION, SOME APPARENT, SOME NOT SO MUCH!!!
What we resist, persists..and persist..and persist as long as we continue to resist!!
For example, I have a resistance to clutter, at least in my immediate view. 
“Out of Sight, Out Of Mind”
YALL know what I’m saying.  Of course, until I needed to retrieve something from that closet!!  Now, I know that I can clear out several spaces, but I am going stop my resistance and surrender to rescue a closet from clutterville next week.  This pertains to many things that we choose to resist & not surrender to in life.
However, one’s resistance to de-clutter can signify:
*          a desire to keep what’s familiar close so they don’t feel isolated
*          keeping things that remind them of a happier time in their life
*          keeping several items of a dearly (physically) departed loved ones as a remembrance
*          creating a barrier keeping others out
*          one’s personal resistance to let go of what no longer serves you
*          “I might need that one day”, “I haven’t had time to get to it yet” (my fav), “I will fit in that one day”, “That style may come back” ( I have a pair of suede Adidas - Stan Smith’s - not letting those go hunty!!”)
*          Yall can fill in the blanks…etc. +++++
The thing is, we all do it.  It doesn’t have to always be material, it can be thoughts, beliefs, feelings, emotions, speculations (about ourselves and/or others) that bind us, hold us, & keep us resistant and in fear mode.  Resistance has a tendency of holding energy hostage & actually drains you more than surrendering ever will.
We all have very busy lives, and it is very important to set healthy boundaries, but next time you may be conflicted with yourself or someone demonstrating resistance, try:
1) check yo self - do I have my ish in order? many times, the things we find that “get on our last nerves” in others, is the exact thing we need to pay attention to within ourselves.
2) recalling some reasons (above) for resistance & find compassion
3) be tactful & proactive - don’t just talk about it, be about it!!!  If this is about someone else’s resistance or your own, take one drawer, one box, one action step at a time.  Remember to set healthy boundaries by being honest with your time and energy.  It is one thing to criticize yourself or others with no end result, but can result in an entirely different outcome when you actually “be about it”!!! 
4) If you’re like, “paleaseee…”  I got my own ish!!!  I suggest you recall this Serenity Prayer:
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
Continue to Love them & KEEP IT MOVING!!!
Remember:  Everyone has a backstory!!!
Can you relate? Am I coming in clear?

Holla if ya hear me & leave your comments below

Love, Peace & Balance Galore!!!
Sabrina Nikol
The Urbanesk Energy Masseuse
+++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Translate

Search This Blog